Just like PGEW's first year, the second has been a wild ride filled with crazy life ups & downs, awesome new opportunities and, of course, plenty of good food. Here are some highlights and some of my favorite recipes from PGEW's second year...
- 9/8/09: Poor Girl's first TV spot! Yours truly is featured on CBS13's "Save With Dave" feature, showing folks how to save up to $32 for 4 people while enjoying a tasty summer meal
- 9/24/09: Spoke as one of the featured panelists for the Sacramento Press blogging workshop
- 10/16/09: My first in-studio radio interview on Capitol Public Radio's Insights program
- 10/17/09: Presenter for Child Action, Inc.'s Caring for Children in Stressful Times conference, presenting two workshops on making healthier, more affordable food choices for kids and caregivers
- 10/20/09: Poor Girl gets her first award nomination! Foodbuzz Nominee for "Blogger You'd Most Like to See Have Their Own Food Network Show"
- 10/30/09: PGEW becomes one of News10.net's first featured community bloggers!
- 11/21/09: PGEW featured in The Catholic Herald's "Giving Back" holiday section
- 11/24/09: Poor Girl gets in her first submission to Foodbuzz's 24 X 24 and learns that tapas parties are fun, but a whole lot of work!
- 4/6/10: Yours truly teams up with News10 to show folks how to make the most of their farmer's market dollar
- 6/28/10: One of PGEW's recipes is featured in Whole Foods Market's blog, Whole Story
- 7/2010: PGEW scores sponsorship to the International Food Blogger Conference courtesy of Red Lobster!
- 8/3/10: My latest ceviche recipe makes the front page of The Sacramento Bee's Food & Wine section
- 11/22/09, 3/25/10, 5/23/10, 6/21/10: PGEW gets some Foodbuzz Top 9 love!
|Grilled Eggplant & Veggie Sandwiches|
|Spiced Eggnog Cheesecake Shots|
|Hearty Mushroom & Potato Soup|
|Quick & Easy Seitan Fajitas|
|The "Spanglish" Sandwich|
|Poor Girl's Beef Stew|
|Shrimp & Asparagus Quinoa Risotto|
|Shrimp & Pasta w/Yellow Pepper Sauce|
|Creamy Navy Bean Soup w/Chicken|
|Apple-Stuffed Crepes w/Caramel Sauce|
|Ahi Tuna w/Avocado Chimichurri|
|Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad|
|Mushroom Fajita Omelette|
|Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Shots|
|Pineapple Quinoa w/Sweet Curry Vinaigrette|
|Ultimate Fresh Strawberry Crepe|
|Grilled Steak Tacos!|
|Crispy MahiMahi w/Mango Cucumber Relish|