Hire PGEW! (Or sponsor me, or buy my stuff…)

With just 2 days left on my current temp assignment and no other job opportunities in sight right now (despite countless resumes & applications being sent all over the place), I’m in the same dire predicament that I was in earlier this year.  Not having enough time to recover from that blow, things are even tougher now, so I’m trying to find other ways to rake in an income, no matter how small it may be.  On my other other blog, I’m starting to sell some of the things I was hoping I’d never have to sell (there are only a couple things on there right now but I’ll be adding more stuff over the next few weeks). But that’s just stuff.  I want to help others with my knowledge, too, beyond what I already do here on PGEW.

Which is why I have set up my Hire PGEW page.  I actually set it up several weeks ago, but don’t know that I promoted it heavily enough, so I figured I’d just write an official post about it and let everyone know that Poor Girl is for hire right now (not that way, though, for those of you with dirtier minds…)!  From freelance writing for food sites or major blogs, to workshops and classes on how to be a savvy food shopper and cook simple, tasty and affordable meals at home, I am available for a variety of different assignments.  Please take a look at the Hire PGEW page for more details and how to contact me for rates, as well as my contact page on my other other blog for non-food related projects that I can do.

If you’re a business who would like to sponsor PGEW for a week or even a few months, I am also starting a sponsorship program to allow your business or website reach a different audience through PGEW.  Please email me for rates and more information.

Of course, if you just want to help (and I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate asking for help like this, but desperate times call for desperate measures), you can also click on the darling little “Donate” button on the left sidebar and send some virtual spare change.  You’re not obligated to do this, of course, but even $1 here and there will help.  As long as I can keep a roof over my head and pay my utilities, I can continue to bring you all the tasty recipes and awesome tips I’ve been able to share with you for the past couple of years.

Sorry for the shameless self-promotion… thanks in advance for all your support!

Lv,
PG

10 Responses to "Hire PGEW! (Or sponsor me, or buy my stuff…)"

1. Fritos and Foie Gras says:

im kinda in the same boat as you, but if i could hire you, i would! sending you all good vibes!

2. Gardenatrix says:

Howdy!

Sadly, I'm not in a hiring position, but I've tweeted about your plight in hopes that someone else is. (And see a few RTs already starting this morning.)

Here's hoping the news spreads out far and wide, and you get a full-filling, well paying assignment — or a few. Good luck!

3. Cookin' Mama says:

I'm like the others.. and you… kinda in the same position, BUT I am making sure that I click on everyones goodle ads if something looks intriguing. It may not be much, but every little click helps that AdSense income. Besides that, I believe in Karma… if I spend some time looking around others blogs and websites, others will spend time lookin around mine. Good Luck to ya!

Sending you positive thoughts and good vibes. So sorry not in a position to help more, husband is out of work too.

Hey Poor Girl

You should contact all the local libraries and see about doing programs for them. I'm in New England, too far to hire you for this, but I pay local people $50 – $150 for an hour-long program, the higher end usually when samples are provided. You could talk on any of your blog topics, advise people where and how to shop, and I sure as heck would be interested if you

Junior Colleges will sometimes hire people to teach a class….cooking, etc.

I really enjoy your recipes and also wonder why you aren't compiling all of this for a cookbook!?

I'm sorry about your job situation. I'm a student whose loans are completely insufficient for her year. My father's also out of work and my mother is scrambling to keep her small household together – so I can't rely on them. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I

8. C.G. the Foodie says:

Have you looked into substitute teaching? It paid my bills in grad school!

Email me and I can give you contacts to friends who live in Sac who might know of opportunities.

Also, if you can make it to SF on Thurs next week, I will totally pay for your dinner (Andrew and a couple other bloggers and I are doing dinner).

9. Shawn says:

Thanks for posting this. I read PGEW all the time, and occasionally make some of the delicious recipes. I have gotten well over $5 worth of entertainment out of this blog and since it was so easy to donate with paypal I went ahead and sent a little your way. Keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing anything you come up with for your next business venture (hopefully a cookbook, a podcast,

10. LJ says:

Ditto what Shawn said. I sent $5 your way as well. Good luck!

~Lori