As I was typing up my latest recipe for Sweet Potato, Mushroom & Veggie Stuffing, it occurred to me that there may be some folks who are still scrambling for last minute recipes for tomorrow’s big feast, just like I’m scrambling to do my last minute packing. So in honor of all of us who procrastinate, or for those who simply want to serve up something a little different either during dinner or the hours leading up to it, here are a few Turkey Day-esque recipes to help bail you out. Enjoy!
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Pineapple-Cranberry Chutney
- Butternut-Leek Bisque in Acorn Squash Bowls
- Butternut Squash Stuffed with Cauliflower & Cranberry Couscous
- Red Quinoa, Apple & Cranberry Cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple-Stuffed Crepes with Caramel Sauce (a fabulous alternative to apple pie!)
And if you’re feeling really adventurous and energetic after the big meal, try tackling the leftovers with these recipes:
- Candied Orange Yam Empanadas (scroll down to the bottom for that recipe, but feel free to read the whole post… it was fun)
- My Mom’s Arroz con Pavo
- Spicy Turkey & Chipotle Pepper Soup
Happy Thanksgiving to thee & thine!