Oh, hello month of May. When did you sneak up on me?
I know I say this every single month but for crying out loud, could this year be going by any faster? My mom’s birthday was just yesterday (in my mind) and I was supposed to have oodles of time between that blessed event and Mother’s Day! I had a video to record & post, kumquats to experiment with, and about four more photo makeovers to get to… *faints*
These are the times I truly feel like I could use an assistant. One who wouldn’t mind getting paid in dessert shots, of course.
I’m trying to take it all in stride & not be too hard on myself, though. Ever since I was diagnosed with this irksome nerve issue I’ve had to rearrange my life to make room for the pain, so it’s a bit of an adjustment. But I’ve found some treatments that are helping me feel a bit more like myself again (hooray!), so with their help I should be able to get to stuff I’ve meant to get to for weeks.
Here’s some of what’s on the agenda for this month:
- The video: Yes, I still have a recipe on hold, just waiting to be captured and posted on this fair little blog! Stay tuned for a brand new video recipe in the first half of the month.
- BlogHer Food ’11! I’ve mentioned this a lot on Facebook, but I’m not so sure I mentioned it here. I was lucky enough to score a volunteer spot at this amazing food blogger conference in Atlanta, which means I get to go for free! In addition to the great sessions they have in store for us, I’m excited to see old friends from last year’s IFBC, not to mention making new ones at BHF! I’ll probably be tweeting up a storm, too (something I never do), so if you don’t follow me on Twitter, now’s your chance. My entertainment quotient goes up exponentially whenever I’m at a blogging conference!
- Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow, and though I’d considered making a new dish to mark the occasion, I decided to do a photo makeover of a related oldie but goodie instead. But if you’re still looking for ideas, I have plenty of tacos, burritos and other Mexican-inspired dishes on the site, so feel free to browse through them ’til you find something you like.
- Mother’s Day is this weekend (!!!) and though I didn’t think I could outdo last year’s sensational brunch menu for my mama, I’m quite pleased with what I have in store for her. Stay tuned for a recap of the incredible meal I have planned for my favorite lady, including two new recipes!
- Warm weather is FINALLY here (thank goodness), and with that come lighter recipes. Look for lighter dishes that will make the most of whatever seasonal fruits & veggies I come by at my favorite farmer’s market. Cherries, anyone?
- Last, but not least, yours truly is going to be on Good Day Sacramento with Mark S. Allen next Thursday! We’ll be checking out some great eateries here in Sac, so if you’re an early bird, tune in and follow us on our little tour!
As you can see, May is going to be an absolute whirlwind of activity, so if I’m away for a few days, don’t fret! I’m always here, just taking care of business.
In the meantime, have fun at any Cinco de Mayo parties you’ll be at tomorrow, Happy Mother’s Day to all you fabulous moms out there, and have a wonderful May!