They tell me that in some parts of the world it’s June. Here in my neck of the woods it’s actually June-uary, with cold, gray skies and wet, windy conditions dampening what is usually one of the nicest times of the year in Northern California. Instead of shorts & flip flops, we’re bundled up in sweaters & fuzzy socks, trying to remember what the sun feels like.
It’s not all bad, though. It’s my first totally free weekend in weeks, so it finally gives me some time to relax & regroup after the mayhem of last month. From special holiday menus to TV spots to trips to the south, May was yet another whirlwind month of activity in PGEW land! Here’s what’s on the agenda for June:
- The rest of the special Mother’s Day dinner menu recap! You didn’t think I’d stop at the ice cream, did you? There are still some fabulous crepes, a gorgeous beet salad, and a special amuse bouche recipe to share. Stay tuned for those recipes throughout the month.
- BlogHer Food ’11 recap! It was a fabulous whirlwind of incredible food, informative sessions and wonderful company, and I have some fun photos & details to share, so be on the look out for those posts soon.
- Apricots and peaches and plums, oh my! Stone fruits are starting to pop up all over the place, which means a season of fruit tarts, canning projects, and of course, plenty of snacking on these hearty juicy fruits. Stay tuned for a great photo makeover involving a long lost stone fruit recipe in the next few weeks.
- If the weather ever lets up and we see (and feel) the sun again, I’ll be able to share some of the recipes I have in mind for warm weather. From new salads to more frozen confections, there’s a lot I have planned for hot summer days & nights! But if this crazy weather continues, I apologize, but I’m going to have to start baking again. It is COLD right now!
- Last but certainly not least, I have a couple reader-inspired posts to share with you this month! Some of the emails I get have some excellent recipe ideas and questions, so I thought it’d be fun to address some of those on ye olde blog this month. Stick around for a great recipe I wish I’d thought of myself, as well as a new tip to help you make the most of your weekday lunches.
That’s it for now, everyone! For those of you who are basking in warm weather, send some this way STAT! For all those stuck in sweaters & hats along with me, chin up – they claim we’ll see the sun again in another week or so. Here’s hoping!