It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these, eh? This year has flown by so quickly that all the months seem to be blurring together, but I can definitely say it hasn’t been boring! I’ve been working behind the scenes on some pretty interesting projects that I can’t wait to share with you in the next couple of months, so if I’ve seemed a bit absent, I promise there are some really good reasons for it!
The good news is that in the next few months PGEW will become an even better resource for anyone who’s trying to learn to eat well while on a shoestring budget. There will be some great new features added soon, as well as a new way to communicate with yours truly! For now, let’s check out what’s in store for this month…
- More meatless recipes! I love meatless meals more than most omnivores do for many reasons. The two biggest ones are obviously health & affordability, but it’s also fun for me to show folks that a tasty meal doesn’t have to include meat. It’s good for your waistline and good for your wallet; what’s not to love? (But don’t fret, my fellow meat lovers! I’ve got some great beef recipes coming up this month, too.)
- Hunger Challenge 2011 – I can’t believe it’s that time of year again, but lo & behold, here it is! This will be my 3rd year participating in the San Francisco Food Bank’s Hunger Challenge, and I’m looking forward to seeing just how resourceful I can be this year. They’ve raised the rate to $4.72/day, but I’m going to stick with the $4 cap that we were given in previous years in order to stay focused on the reason for this challenge: to raise awareness about the hunger epidemic so many Americans face. If you’re interested in joining the challenge, please follow this link for more information.
- Just a few more days to vote for Drewski’s! If you follow me on Facebook & Twitter, you’ve no doubt seen my requests (okay, downright pleas) for your votes to help my pal Andrew make it onto next season’s Great Food Truck Race on the Food Network. He’s been in the Top 10 for most of the competition, but only one truck can win, so any and all votes are greatly appreciated!!! Even if you don’t live in the Sacramento area, you can still vote to make Drewski’s Americals favorite food truck! To send some votes his way, please check out his website or follow this link. Thanks in advance!
- The $25 Shopping Cart is baaaaack! Well, it will be as soon as I find some time to go to a new store. This month I’m heading to one of the Sacramento area’s best known chains to see just how far a few bucks will go there. Wish me luck!
- Stone fruit fan? Stay tuned this month for some great peach, plum and nectarine recipes that go beyond the usual jams & preserves, but won’t break the bank.
That’s all for now, folks! Delicious new recipe is on the way tomorrow, so stay tuned!