As I was typing up my latest recipe for Sweet Potato, Mushroom & Veggie Stuffing, it occurred to me that there may be some folks who are still scrambling for last-minute recipes for tomorrow’s big feast, just like I’m scrambling to do my last-minute packing. So in honor of all of us who procrastinate, or for those who simply want to serve up something a little different either during dinner or the hours leading up to it, here are a few Turkey Day-esque recipes to help bail you out. Enjoy!
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Pineapple-Cranberry Chutney
- Butternut-Leek Bisque in Acorn Squash Bowls
- Butternut Squash Stuffed with Cauliflower & Cranberry Couscous
- Red Quinoa, Apple & Cranberry Cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple-Stuffed Crepes with Caramel Sauce (a fabulous alternative to apple pie!)
And if you’re feeling really adventurous and energetic after the big meal, try tackling the leftovers with these recipes:
- Candied Orange Yam Empanadas (scroll down to the bottom for that recipe, but feel free to read the whole post… it was fun)
- My Mom’s Arroz con Pavo
- Spicy Turkey & Chipotle Pepper Soup
Happy Thanksgiving to thee & thine!