Don’t you just love it when you get a great piece of news and it makes even the stormiest of days seem bright & sunny? That was the case for me last Saturday when the news that I’d scored my very first paid writing gig made the violent winter storm whipping around outside my window seem like total child’s play.
That’s right, folks! I got a paid recipe writing gig! For the next year, yours truly will be one of ten featured contributors to The Mushroom Channel, a fabulous website that covers anything & everything mushroom-related. You all know how much I love, love, LOVE mushrooms, so to be able to develop a series of new mushroom recipes for fellow francophiles is awesome enough; to know that I’ll also be getting paid for these recipes is beyond fabulous! Talk about finally getting some street cred as a recipe writer!
I’m not alone in this fantastic project, and I want to give a shout out to the other awesome bloggers who will also be creating magnificent mushroom recipes throughout the year. Here’s the complete list of the 2011 crew:
- Kimberly from Poor Girl Eats Well (moi)
- Susie and Chelsee from We Are Not Martha
- Greg from Sippity Sup
- Julie from Julie’s Raw Ambition
- Paula from Bell’Alimento
- Shaina from Food for My Family
- Laura from Hey! What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Megan from Stetted
- Janel from Eat Well with Janel
- Denise and Lenny from Chez Us
Some I’m quite familiar with, others I’ve just learned about, but we all have one thing in common: we love our funghi.
So stay tuned, fellow francophiles! My first official post will be out on April 4th, and it’s going to be a good one. For now, feel free to rejoice along with me by enjoying a small handful of the many (and I mean many) mushroom recipes here on PGEW…
- Hearty Mushroom & Potato Soup
- Chicken in Chipotle-Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Garbanzo & Mushroom Burgers
- Mushroom Fajita Omelette
- Steak & Zucchini Stuffed Portabellas