Table of Contents
- 1 Thinking of PGEW about the July Recipe Ideas.
- 2 Lists of July Recipe Ideas
- 2.1 Sangranita!
- 2.2 Red Quinoa & Spring Herb Tabbouleh
- 2.3 Greek Herb & Garlic Roasted Chicken
- 2.4 Grilled Steak Tacos!
- 2.5 Thai Sticky Rice & Mango Dessert Shots
- 2.6 Polenta Mini Pizzas
- 2.7 Tostadas de Ceviche
- 2.8 Tzatziki Chicken Salad
- 2.9 Sweet & Fruity White Wine Sangria
- 2.10 Blueberry-Lemon Clafoutis
- 2.11 Garlic & Cheese Quinoa Patties
- 2.12 Creamy Brown Rice, Broccoli & Apple Salad
- 2.13 Baked Apples with Apple-Cranberry Oatmeal
- 2.14 Not Quite Minestrone Soup
- 2.15 Veggie Quinoa-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Thinking of PGEW about the July Recipe Ideas.
I love July Recipe Ideas. Summer’s in full swing, it’s the time to celebrate my Dad’s birthday & Independence Day, and between BBQs, picnics, and oodles of frozen confections to enjoy, food couldn’t be more fun if it tried! (It’s also just one month ’til my birthday & blog anniversary, but that’s a whole other animal. 🙂 )
Since it’s going to be another crazy busy month here in PGEW-land, I’m going to skip the What’s In Store feature for July. Instead, I’ll combine a few awesome updates & announcements with some fun recipe ideas you can use over the long holiday weekend.
- First & foremost: I got my first freelance writing gig! *cue applause* Over the next couple of months, I’ll be writing a few articles for the “Best of: Restaurants, Bars & Food” section of CBS Local. From interviews to restaurant recommendations, I’ll be covering some different topics than those I discuss here on PGEW. I’m super excited about the opportunity and couldn’t be happier to reach new readers in a different forum. I’ll be posting the links to my stories on Facebook & Twitter, so be sure to follow them to stay in the loop!
- Poor Girl’s First Pie: No, it’s not the first pie I’ve ever eaten; it’s the first pie I will make from scratch. EVER. Thanks to Shauna of Gluten-Free Girl, Garrett of Vanilla Garlic, and a few others, an internet-wide Pie Party is happening on July 5th to help celebrate (and get over the fear of making) pie from scratch. Since I’m not a baker, it should be very interesting to see how well I do making my first pie crust, but I’m determined to give it a go! Love pie? There’s still time to RSVP! Check out the event page on Facebook and be sure to follow the party on Twitter by using the #PieParty hashtag. It should be fun!
- As far as what’s in store recipe-wise, all I have to say is… I’m going berry picking tomorrow, so beware! Blueberry, blackberry, and (hopefully) raspberry recipes will surely flood this dear blog of mine for the next few weeks. 🙂
And now for the recipe round-up.
I thought about going the whole red, white & blue route, but then I realized A) everyone is doing red, white & blue recipe round-ups, and B) I don’t have enough blue food on this site to make it worthwhile (though I just realized the PGEW color scheme is quite patriotic). So I decided to celebrate our nation by highlighting the “melting pot” aspect of good ol’ USA. These aren’t the most authentic recipes out there, but they were inspired by the many cultures that are represented here. And as always, I’ve made sure there’s room for dessert. 🙂
Lists of July Recipe Ideas
Here are the July recipe ideas from PGEW!!!
(Title links to the recipe)