I’ve been single for more Valentine’s Days than I care to remember. Not that I have a problem with being single – in fact, I really, really like it. But it appears that I’ve been coated with a liberal amount of Man Teflon because I have yet to find a guy I can really connect with (at least, not here in Sac).
Despite my love of singlehood and all the luxuries it affords me (oodles of “me” time, full control of the remote, dancing around like a wild woman while using wooden spoons as “microphones” while I bust out some Kimber-karaoke…), I do miss having someone to spoil on special days, even nauseatingly pink & red ones like Valentine’s Day. Coming from a Latin American family, I like to feed the people I love, so it sucks when the best I can do on V-Day is fix special treats for my cats.
Alas, there is no Bradley Cooper or George Clooney-alike to whisk me away to some secluded spot in Bali tomorrow. My Valentines will be my three furbabies and the rest of my bottle of NyQuil (wretched cold season!). But that’s not going to stop me from helping you fine folks feed your special someones! So, without further ado, here are a few PGEW dishes to help you have a deliciously affordable Valentine’s Day meal…
(Title links to recipe)
- 1 Herbed Chicken Crepes with Fresh Rosemary Cream Sauce
- 2 Roasted Asparagus & Baby Carrots with Chive Butter
- 3 Strawberry Panzanella Salad
- 4 Steak & Zucchini Stuffed Portabellas
- 5 Creamy Shrimp & Asparagus Quinoa Risotto
- 6 Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
- 7 Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Dessert Shots
- 8 Meyer Lemon Cheesecake Dessert Shots with Candied Kumquats
- 9 Apple Stuffed Crepes with Caramel Sauce
I’ve skipped the chocolate since there’s more than enough of that out there right now. Not that chocolate and Valentine’s Day don’t go together; it’s just nice to see different dessert options every now & then. As usual, feel free to mix & match these dishes to create the perfect menu for you & your sweetheart.