- 1 I. Thinking of PGEW about Top 10 of 2010 - Menu Ideas
- 2 II. Lists of PGEW Top 10 of 2010 - Menu Ideas
- 2.1 10. Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Shots
- 2.2 9. Baked Eggs, Ham & Asparagus in Tomato Cups
- 2.3 8. Red Quinoa, Apple & Cranberry Cake
- 2.4 7. Honey Glazed Roots & Sprouts with Pan-fried Garlic
- 2.5 6. Pineapple Quinoa Salad with Sweet Curry Vinaigrette
- 2.6 5. Cookies & Creme Cheesecake Dessert Shots
- 2.7 4. Fiesta Corn & Potato Chowder
- 2.8 3. The "Spanglish" Sandwich
- 2.9 2. Poor Girl's Beef Stew
- 2.10 1. Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 III. Honorable Mentions...
I. Thinking of PGEW about Top 10 of 2010 - Menu Ideas
II. Lists of PGEW Top 10 of 2010 - Menu Ideas
III. Honorable Mentions...
Picking only ten posts was HARD, so here are a few more recipes, posts, and features that definitely made an impact in 2010:
- Poor Girl on SNAP Parts I & II – My personal journey through unemployment and the food stamp/general assistance system. PGEW is not just about the fun recipes, it’s about a real person who is going through what a lot of folks are going through during this recession. It’s tough to talk about, but putting a human face on these issues makes it easier to open up, brainstorm, and support each other during difficult times.
- Luxury Dinner Party: For the Love of Chocolate – I’m tellin’ you, PFB made us really think outside the box! I loved my Pu-pizza post just as much, but this one will always hold a special spot in my heart as my first “real” dinner party and one of the best examples of how Poor Girl – and her guests – can eat so well.
- Thai-Style Sticky Rice & Mango Dessert Shots – I turned my favorite Thai dessert into a dessert shot!!! I love how beautifully tasty this one is. Perfect for summertime entertaining, so be sure to bookmark it!
- Blueberry-Lemon Clafoutis – I finally discovered how wonderful blueberries can be and became OBSESSED, I tell you! From crepes to juice to smoothies, I couldn’t stop putting blueberries in everything after going berry-picking this summer. This clafoutis recipe is simple, tasty, and showcases this gorgeous berry perfectly.
- Summer Veggies & Quinoa with Cilantro Pistachio Pesto – Seriously? Nuff sed on this one. Cilantro pistachio pesto may be my most favorite pesto EVER, and you can slather it on everything, including fresh summer veggies!
- Mushrooms, Tomatoes & Cheese on Grilled Sourdough – Grilled cheese sandwiches rock, but grown-up grilled cheeses are even better! All of us loved this one, and now I think I must have this for lunch. 🙂
- The $25 Shopping Cart series – Always a PGEW favorite! I go to different stores during “scary week” with $25 in hand and see if I can grab enough versatile ingredients to make some good food that’ll last a couple of weeks until the next payday. Many of you have gleaned inspiration from this series and emailed me with your own awesome shopping experiences, which makes me so proud! If this is the only way I can help folks make the most of their food dollar, then I’m a happy camper.
- The Anthony Bourdain review – I <3 Bourdain and his snarky, pork-loving travel/eating show, but never thought I’d actually be able to experience his rants in person. That all changed this year when he stopped in Sacramento during his No Reservations tour! Though I didn’t get to meet him, that two-hour lecture/comedy-show/snark fest was one of the highlights of my food year. A lot of folks dug my recap so much it encouraged them to go see Bourdain themselves in their own towns! I dig this review a lot. I hope you do, too.
- IFBC (International Food Blogger Conference) – I’ve been to some other foodie festivals, but IFBC 2010 stood out as the best one, hands-down. It was fun, informative, and full of great food. It also gave me the opportunity to visit Seattle for the first time and make some new, fabulous friends that I cannot WAIT to see at the next IFBCs!!!
Thanks for taking this trip down memory lane with me! I hope you all have a fun-filled, safe New Year’s Eve, and wish you all the best in 2011. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And don’t forget the Menu Ideas in Top 10 of 2010 from PGEW…